Woodland Haven / Memory Care
- Woodland Haven is structured to offer an engaging and supportive environment.
- By focusing on dignity, quality of life, and independence, we strive to ensure all residents feel respected and cared for as they age, regardless of what they remember today or tomorrow.
Our secure memory care unit provides a specially designed living and program environment for residents in the early to middle stages of Alzheimer’s disease or dementia. Change in memory is normal with age. But when that change becomes worrisome as a loved one begins having difficulty communicating, thinking, and reasoning, our specially trained nursing team at Woodland Haven is here to help them with day-to-day living.
The Canal View Difference
- Space and furnishings resemble our residents’ homes, where they are richly occupied with meaningful things to do that were once a part of their earlier lives.
- Residents are respected and honored with their individual preferences and schedules.
- Our interdisciplinary team regularly meets with residents and family members to ensure that Woodland Haven can continue to meet their needs.
When the severity of Alzheimer’s and dementia symptoms change, the resident may no longer meet the requirements of Woodland Haven. In that case, our team works closely with family members to provide a smooth transition to another area of Canal View.
- 24-hour licensed nursing care
- Restorative nursing services
- Registered dietician
- Social services
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Recreational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Dementia and memory care
- Certified Music & Memory facility
Woodland Haven Criteria
- Diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease or dementia (early to middle stages)
- Ability to perform some self-care tasks with assistance
- Ability to ambulate independently
- Ability to transfer on own
- Ability to sustain one of the diets provided
- Ability to participate in and benefit from activity programming and behavioral management
Our Continuous System of Care
Our Long-Term Care, Memory Care (Woodland Haven), and Rehab/Post-Hospital units are all interconnected.
Residents can move from one area of care to another when they are ready or if their specific needs change. This is all done without any disruptions to the excellent nursing care they receive every day.