Rehab / Post-Hospital Services
- The Canal View Rehabilitation and Post-Hospital Care unit provides skilled therapy services and rehabilitative healing with recovery in a compassionate environment that is nurturing and welcoming to all.
- Our services are resident centered, with a highly trained team of healthcare professionals helping each individual attain his or her highest level of independence and quality of life.
Sometimes you need more than a few days in the hospital to recover from surgery or other medical events, but you also need more rehabilitation before you can head home. This is one of the most common reasons people come to a skilled nursing facility: because they need a little extra time to get back on their feet.
Perhaps you had joint replacement surgery or experienced a stroke, and now you need physical therapy before you can get back to life as usual. Or maybe you have a chronic condition and you could benefit from round-the-clock care. No matter what kind of care you need, skilled nursing at Canal View provides you with the advanced medical resources you need in an environment that feels like home.
The Canal View Difference
- Residents have access to luxury amenities including private rooms with their own bathroom, dining, and living areas
- Expert team includes physical therapists and assistants, nurses, CNAs, occupational therapists and assistants, and speech-language pathologists
Our team at Canal View is here to provide you with the individualized care you need to help you heal in a warm, welcoming environment.
- Short-term rehabilitation
- Daily therapy, including weekends
- Individualized treatment planning and flexible treatment schedules
- Home evaluations/assessments
- Adaptive equipment recommendations
- Discharge planning prior to returning home
- Family and caregiver education
Our therapists treat a wide variety of conditions, such as:
- Orthopedic (including hip and knee joint replacements and fractures)
- Neurological and neuromuscular disorders including CVA (strokes)
- Wound care
- Pain control
- Contracture management
- Amputations and prosthetic training
- Back injuries
- Swallowing disorders
- Deconditioning from acute or prolonged illness
Our Continuous System of Care
Our Long-Term Care, Memory Care (Woodland Haven), and Rehab/Post-Hospital units are all interconnected.
Residents can move from one area of care to another when they are ready or if their specific needs change. This is all done without any disruptions to the excellent nursing care they receive every day.