I assist in planning and implementing diversionary activities designed to meet the varied social, emotional, physical, spiritual and intellectual needs of each resident. I assist in maintaining documentation as required by state and federal regulations, and attend care conferences as requested.
- High school diploma, GED, or greater education completion preferred.
- CPR certified and may be a certified nurse aide, if so, I will maintain my certification.
- A valid driver license and willing to drive the facility bus preferred and able to assist residents with facility outings.
- Dining assistance class to assist residents with eating meals.
- I am able to talk and hear so that I can communicate with residents, staff and family members.
- I am able to see so that I can observe the progress of residents and keep them safe.
- I possess good communication skills and I am able to complete written and computerized documentation.
- I demonstrate strong leadership characteristics: and I am artistically creative, enthusiastic and energetic.
- I am able to initiate and implement small and large group activities with minimal supervision.
- I am a positive team player and able to work a flexible schedule, including holidays, evenings and weekends.
- I am flexible and able to adjust to changes in my word day routine.
- Preference will be given to those with proven experience in position of interest or previous experience in an activity aide role.
Considerable physical activity and may require handling of objects that can weigh up to 50 lbs. Able to stand for long periods.
SUMMARY OF OCCUPATION EXPOSURES
Must be 18 years of age to take on tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids or tissue. All procedures or other job related task that involve an inherent potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids or tissues, or a potential for spills or splashes of them.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- I communicate daily activities to residents and other staff.
- I assist in the planning and implementing of activities for residents.
- I assist during meals by assisting residents with eating their meals, passing and picking up trays.
- I help direct and instruct volunteers in carrying out their assignments.
- I decorate for special events.
- I assist with transporting residents in facility vehicles and assist with resident outings.
- I chart resident attendance at activities.
- I help maintain order in our working/activity areas.
- I prepare the food and supply orders.
- I assist with the maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- I photograph residents and special events while following HIPPA guidelines.
- I comply with policies and procedures for the activity department and the facility.
- I help to maintain documentation as required by state and federal regulations.
- I attend care conferences as requested.
- I make posters to announce special events.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Successful candidate must pass a pre-employment physical examination, medical history check, reference check, drug screening and criminal background check.
Download Life Enrichment Aide.