Performs a wide range of duties involved with preparing and/or serving foods and beverages in one or more of a variety of food service environments. May perform such duties as preparing salad items, hot foods, and/or cold foods, and/or assisting in the preparation of bakery items, as appropriate to the position. Assist in cleaning work areas, equipment, utensils. Serve food to residents according to their tray tickets and diet requirements. May assist in the set up, and service; and collection of garbage/trash; as appropriate to the area of operation.
This position has set weekends but varying weekday schedules determined according to staffing needs. Management will make every attempt to keep a consistent schedule and to have the schedule posted 2 weeks in advance.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Sets up food service, equipment and utensils, under detailed instruction and, in accordance with specific area needs; checks food temperatures and/or prepares areas for daily operations.
• Prepares or assists in the preparation of beverage stations, toast, fruits, desserts and/or other similar food items, as appropriate to the position.
• Assists serve meals; placing extras on trays, calling out orders to the Floor Cook.
• Collects food and supplies from the main kitchen, central supply, to the serving site either by carrying or by utilizing a cart.
• Follows prescribed procedures in setting up hot and cold food lines; chooses proper utensils and sets steam line to appropriate temperature for menu items.
• Attends to the facility dining areas; wiping down tables, chairs, common touch points.
• Prepares or assists in the preparation of beverages, salads, simple bakery items, and/or other similar food items, as appropriate to the position.
• Serves food items to residents from counters and/or steam tables, in accordance with specific instructions, ensuring residents safety and that appropriate portions are served.
• Replenishes foods, silverware, glassware, dishes, and trays at serving stations.
• Attends to day-to-day problems and needs concerning food supplies, beverage supplies and resident menu changes.
• Maintains cooling, cleaning and stocking logs.
• May clean, wash and maintain work areas, including floors, facilities, pots, pans, service ware, utensils, and equipment; collects and places garbage and trash in designated containers; as appropriate to the area of operation.
• May provide guidance and training to other employees performing related work.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
• High School Diploma, GED, or greater education completion preferred.
• Must be able to read and write.
• Must be able to follow verbal and/or written instructions.
• Must be able to tolerate considerable physical activity. May require handling of objects that can weigh up to 50 lbs.
• Preference will be given to those with proven experience in position of interest or previous experience in a food service role
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Must be able to multitask in a face pace environment.
• Must be able to communicate with residents and employees from multiple departments.
• Must be able to work with others as a team.
• Must be able to complete tasks in a reasonable amount of time.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
• Successful candidate must pass a pre-employment physical examination, medical history check, reference check, drug screening and criminal background check.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
• Considerable physical activity. May require handling of objects that can weigh up to 50 lbs.
• Able to stand for long periods of time.
• Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
• Work may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
Casual, Part time
Weekdays and weekends